A few months ago I saw this awesome project on Pinterest. A wonderful friend and colleague of mine is going to be exploring the theme of Dr. Suess next year in her building. As an end of year present, Miss B (not her real name, I like to protect the identity of others) and I gave our wonderful colleague these creative Horton Hears a Who Pens. The original idea came from here.
|Horton Hears a Who Pens!|
I modified it slightly from the original post. Here is what you will need:
- ballpoint pens (by them at Staples when the are a penny!)
- Large pink pompoms
- Small (tiny) white pompoms
- Green duck tape
- Hot glue
- Clear plastic cup (I don't trust children around anything but plastic)
- Beads (I used pink, clear, and white)
- Use a long piece of duck tape and wrap it around the pen from bottom to top.
- Hot glue a large pink pompom on top of the pen.
- Hot glue a tiny white pompom on the pink pompom.
- Fill the cup with the beads.
- Print and laminate the quote.
- Attach the quote to the cup.
SIMPLE! SIMPLE! SIMPLE! In fact, after I wrote the directions, I realized you probably didn't need me to write the directions.
I loved these pens so much I might actually make them for my own classroom.