Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Horton Hears a Who - Pinterest Style

A few months ago I saw this awesome project on Pinterest.  A wonderful friend and colleague of mine is going to be exploring the theme of Dr. Suess next year in her building.  As an end of year present, Miss B (not her real name, I like to protect the identity of others) and I gave our wonderful colleague these creative Horton Hears a Who Pens.  The original idea came from here.  

Horton Hears a Who Pens!


I modified it slightly from the original post.  Here is what you will need:
  • ballpoint pens (by them at Staples when the are a penny!)
  • Large pink pompoms
  • Small (tiny) white pompoms
  • Green duck tape
  • Hot glue
  • Clear plastic cup (I don't trust children around anything but plastic)
  • Beads (I used pink, clear, and white)
  • Ribbon
  • Quote

Directions:
  1. Use a long piece of duck tape and wrap it around the pen from bottom to top.
  2. Hot glue a large pink pompom on top of the pen.
  3. Hot glue a tiny white pompom on the pink pompom.
  4. Fill the cup with the beads.
  5. Print and laminate the quote.
  6. Attach the quote to the cup.

SIMPLE! SIMPLE! SIMPLE!  In fact, after I wrote the directions, I realized you probably didn't need me to write the directions.  

I loved these pens so much I might actually make them for my own classroom.  


1 comment: