|Teacher Binder Cover Page|
|Teacher Binder Tab Labels|
|Teacher Binder Divider Pages|
|Teacher Binder Spine Labels|
But don't worry, if you only want the Cover Page and Spine Inserts, you can still download them for free HERE.
I organize my Teacher Binder in a very easy way. There are a few sections, and I only store the MOST important information that I will need whether I am sitting at my desk, in the teachers lounge, or working from home.
- District Information - I keep all district calendars and dates of assessments here. Anything I get from a professional development, I store in another folder elsewhere. I might also keep important phone numbers within the district that I may need.
- Schedule - I keep my classroom schedule in this section. My students are pulled throughout the day for services, so I make a master schedule of this and place it here (You can find a picture of what this looks like below). My Guided Reading group schedule is here. I keep a master copy of the condensed schedule for Early Dismissal and Delays here.
- Medical Information - In the beginning of the year, I make a list of all students who have special medical needs. I list their names and what their medical needs are.
- Class Roster - Do I need to explain this?
- Pacing Guides - A copy of the state standards are placed in another binder. Here is where I store the pacing guides provided by the district. This is the key for my lesson plans.
- Lesson Plans - I store up to three weeks worth of lesson plans in the my binder. Then I move them to a larger binder. I don't want this binder, which I tend to take home with me every night, to become bulky.
- Substitute Information - In the past, teachers were responsible for securing their own subs. I kept a list of all the subs I liked to use with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. This year, my district is moving to an automated system. I don't know much about it yet, but I will keep all phone numbers here.
- Other - Anything that I may need but doesn't fit into one of the categories above, here is a space for it.
|My Master Schedule - Listed are the students who are pulled out for services.|
That's it! Like I said, my binder is only 1 inch. I keep just the essentials here. I think it's important to weed out anything that you won't need on a daily basis or in an emergency.